- Permission and support to FEEL – “we are feeling beings”
- Love and attention
- Holding, nurturance and affection
- Acceptance and encouragement
- Empathy and understanding
- Gentle guidance
- Realistic limits
- Trust with your physical and emotional safety
Consider looking at photos of yourself and family members. Look at the expression on your face and on their faces. Ask yourself what you were feeling, perhaps what they were feeling. It can help to look at photos to get a clearer picture of what you experienced as an infant, child and teen.
When our needs are not met as children, we have unconscious adult pain. It is our responsibility as adults to heal what we did not get that has wounded us as children.